What is Healthy Start
Healthy Start is a statewide voluntary and free service for eligible pregnant women, infants and children to age three. Services include care coordination and specilized Healthy Start services for pregnant women and infants who are identified by a Healthy Start screen.
Contact us at 352-486-5300
Who is Eligible
If you live in Florida and are pregnant or have a newborn, talk to your doctor, midwife, nurse, or hospital staff about completing a pre-natal or infant Healthy Start screen. Based on the results of the screen, you will be invited to participate in the Healthy Start program. One of our Healthy Start staff will contact you within a week or two of completing the screen.Cost: This program is free for all participants.
- Care coordination
- Childbirth education
- Interconceptional education and counseling
- Psychosocial counseling
- Parenting support and education
- Breastfeeding support and education
- Assessment of infant/child's growth and development
- Smoking Cessation
- Stress reduction techniques
- Nutrition/healthy eating information for improved infant health
- Information about how you can plan future pregnancies for better health