Bronson, Fla – The Florida Department of Health in Levy County today issued a mosquito-borne illness alert for Levy County. A case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis has been confirmed in a flock of Emus in the Bronson area and there is a heightened concern residents could become ill.
Through a state proclamation, Governor Ron DeSantis has made October Safe Sleep Awareness Month in Florida, and reminds parents and care givers that safe sleep is the best sleep for infants.
There are about 3,500 sleep-related deaths among U.S. babies every year. These deaths include sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), accidental suffocation and deaths from unknown causes. Suffocation is the leading cause of unintentional injury-related death for infants under the age of one. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
There are steps that parents and care givers can take to help prevent SIDS and suffocation.Full Story on FloridaHealth.gov
No events at this time
- New Administrator Selected for Charlotte County
- Safe Sleep for Florida Infants
- AHCA and FDOH Recognize 19 Hospitals in Florida for Achieving the Healthy People 2020 Low-risk, Primary C-section Goal
- National Latino AIDS Awareness Day
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals