The Florida Department of Health in Levy County serves as the county's vital records office for State of Florida birth and death certificates.
The State Office of Vital Statistics maintains the original copies of the birth records from all counties within the State of Florida.
You may apply for death certificates in person or by mail.
In Person: Our office is located at 66 West Main Street, Bronson, Florida 32621. The Vital Statistics office is open from 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
By Mail: Print and mail the completed Application for Death Certificate form along with a money order (no cash or checks please) and a copy of appropriate identification to the Florida Department of Health in Levy County, Office of Vital Statistics, 66 West Main Street, Bronson, Florida 32621. The cost for a death certificate from our office is $10.00.
Who Can Obtain a Certified Copy of a Death Certificate
Without the cause of death listed:
- Anyone may request a copy of a Death Certificate without the cause of death showing on the certificate, it is considered a public record.
With the cause of death listed:
- You must be a member of the immediate family. This includes a spouse or parent, child, grandchild, or sibling if of legal age
- Beneficiary of a deceased person's life insurance policy that documents your beneficiary status
- Estate administrator (must provide documentation)
What Information is Needed for Death Certificates
A valid form of photo identification such as a driver's license, State ID issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, passport or military ID. For mailed requests, please provide enlarged, lightened, readable photocopies.
- A completed Death Certificate Application form
- Full Name of the deceased
- Date of Death
- County of Death