The Florida Department of Health in Levy County serves as the county's vital records office for State of Florida birth and death certificates.
The State Office of Vital Statistics maintains the original copies of the birth records from all counties within the State of Florida. The Levy County Vital Statistics Office can issue certified copies of birth certificates for persons born in Florida from 1930 to the present.
You may apply for birth certificates in person or by mail.
In Person: Our office is located at 66 West Main Street, Bronson, Florida 32621. The Vital Statistics office is open from 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
By Mail: Print and mail the completed Application for Birth Certificate form along with a money order (no cash or checks please) and a copy of appropriate identification to the Florida Department of Health in Levy County, Office of Vital Statistics, 66 West Main Street, Bronson, Florida 32621. The cost for a birth certificate from our office is $15.00.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate
- Individuals 18 years of age and older may obtain their own certificate
- Guardians who present court documents showing legal custody.
- Attorneys representing children and adolescents under age 18 (documentation must be provided).
What Information is Needed for Birth Certificates
- A valid form of photo identification such as a driver's license, State ID issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, passport or military ID. For mailed requests please provide enlarged, lightened, readable photocopies.
- A completed Birth Certificate Request Form
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- County of Birth
- Mother's full name including maiden name
- Father's full name (if applicable)