Bronson, Fla – The Florida Department of Health in Levy County today issued a mosquito-borne illness alert for Levy County. A case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis has been confirmed in a flock of Emus in the Bronson area and there is a heightened concern residents could become ill.
**Vaccine Appointments** 04/08/2021 5:00 PM - The Florida Department of Health in Levy County is now scheduling appointments for next week’s drive thru event. Individuals 18 years of age and older are now eligible to receive the vaccine. Scheduling will continue until vaccine allotments are depleted. Residents are encouraged to be patient as phone lines may be busy and scheduling will start and stop as allotments change from week to week. The most up to date information will be posted at Levydisaster.com. Individuals may also contact the Health Department at 352-486-5300.
**Second Dose Scheduling** 1/25/2021 3:30 p.m. - Beginning January, 25, 2021, the Department will be contacting individuals who received their initial vaccine at the Levy County Health Department and are due for a second dose. Individuals will be contacted prior to their due date and this procedure will continue on a weekly basis as vaccine supplies permit. Citizens requiring the second dose do not need to contact the Health Department to schedule their vaccine. The most up to date information on vaccine and testing can be found at LevyDisaster.com. For the latest updates on COVID-19 vaccine activity in Florida, visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/covid-19-vaccines-in-florida/
**Testing** 3/25/2021 New COVID Testing Dates and Times! The following Schedule will be in effect as of Monday, March 29, 2021. If there is an urgent need for testing outside of these times, just call your Health Department and ask to speak to a COVID Team Member to assist you.Updated Testing Schedule (PDF, 316kB)
No events at this time
- Healthy You, Healthy Baby
- The Florida Department of Health Highlights Newborn Screening During Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Week
- The Florida Department of Health Recognizes National Black HIV or AIDS Awareness Day
- Florida Department of Health Calls for Audit of Palm Beach County Health Care District Following Damage to More Than 1,000 Doses of Vaccine
- Governor Desantis' Florida Leads Budget Will Continue Effort to Put Seniors First and Protect the Vulnerable and Will Keep Floridians Healthy
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals