Bronson, Fla – The Florida Department of Health in Levy County today issued a mosquito-borne illness alert for Levy County. A case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis has been confirmed in a flock of Emus in the Bronson area and there is a heightened concern residents could become ill.
The Florida Department of Health in Levy County is suspending the COVID-19 testing site at the Suwannee River Fairgrounds in Fanning Springs, effective immediately. We will continue to monitor the need for testing and will mobilize clinics as needed. The current weekly testing schedule is as follows: • Wednesdays – Florida Department of Health in Dixie County – 8:30 am. • Thursdays – Florida Department of Health in Levy County – 8:30 am. • Fridays – Florida Department of Health in Gilchrist County, with testing performed at the Trenton Southside Park – 8:30 am. The most up to date information will be posted at Levy.FloridaHealth.gov. Individuals may also contact the Health Department at 352-486-5300.More Information (PDF, 194kB)
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
- Florida Department of Health Welcomes New State Emergency Medical Services Medical Director
- Florida to Open Additional Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Treatment Sites
- Florida Department of Health Issues New COVID-19 Testing Guidance
- State Surgeon General Calls on Federal Government to Stop Actively Preventing Distribution of COVID-19 Therapeutics
- Year in Review: FDOH Protecting and Promoting the Health of All Floridians
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals