Bronson, Fla – The Florida Department of Health in Levy County today issued a mosquito-borne illness alert for Levy County. A case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis has been confirmed in a flock of Emus in the Bronson area and there is a heightened concern residents could become ill.
Vulnerable populations at risk for severe COVID-19:
Certain populations are at greater risk of progressing to severe disease and warrant more significant consideration for prophylaxis or treatment.
- Patients who are older (≥65 years), have comorbidities, or are immunocompromised are at higher risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19.
- When necessary, providers should prioritize treating patients at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19 illness, including older and immunocompromised individuals and those with clinical risk factors.
The current weekly testing schedule is as follows: • Wednesdays – Florida Department of Health in Dixie County – 8:30 am. • Thursdays – Florida Department of Health in Levy County – 8:30 am. • Fridays – Florida Department of Health in Gilchrist County – 8:30 am. The most up to date information will be posted at Levy.FloridaHealth.gov. Individuals may also contact the Health Department at 352-486-5300.More Information (PDF, 205kB)
No events at this time
- State of Florida Deploys Tools to Address Overdose Crisis
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez Joins Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo to Highlight National HIV Testing Day
- Treatment Locator
- Provider Alert Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccines
- Governor Desantis Freedom First Budget Signing Ensures a Healthier Future for Floridians
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals